Full Depth Reclamation Stabilization Asphalt Milling Brochures & Links
A Definition of Asphalt Milling:
Asphalt milling is the controlled removal and recycling of an existing asphalt pavement layer to correct and restore the surface to a specified profile. The process generates recycled asphalt pavement (RAP) for use in place of virgin aggregate in new asphalt material.
The Benefits of Asphalt Milling Services:
A SUSTAINABLE PROCESS:
- Recycling existing materials and using the RAP in lieu of virgin aggregate in the new asphalt pavement saves natural resources and energy.
- The process can be repeated over and over again on the same surface.
- The RAP can be used in place of a portion of the virgin aggregate and asphalt binder, which can lower the energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) footprint of the material production process.
- RAP is re-used and thus kept out of landfills.
AN IMPROVED SURFACE:
- Existing curb and gutter reveals are maintained.
- Surface drainage is improved.
- Bumps, ruts and other surface irregularities are eliminated through asphalt milling services.
IMPROVED PROJECT SCHEDULE:
- Under most circumstances, traffic flow is maintained and able to immediately travel on the milled surface.
- Asphalt milling services are done at a lower cost than reconstruction, maintenance budgets can cover a larger footprint.