Full Depth Reclamation Stabilization Asphalt Milling Brochures & Links
A Definition of Stabilization:
“Stabilization is the permanent physical and chemical alteration of soils and aggregates to enhance their engineering properties thus improving the load bearing capacity of a sub-grade or sub-base to support pavements and foundations.”
-Asphalt Recycling & Reclaiming Association
The Benefits of Soil Stabilization Service:
A PRO-ACTIVE SOLUTION:
- Addresses underperforming sub-grades prior to construction rather than reacting to the problem afterwards with costly repairs to pavements, building slabs, and foundations.
- Improved resistance to frost penetration in sub-grade.
IMPROVED PROJECT SCHEDULE:
- Soil stabilization service allows for immediate access to sites that otherwise might not be accessible due to poor sub-grade conditions.
- In-place process means no hauling away or importing of new engineered material.
- Recycling existing materials saves natural resources and energy.
- Existing materials stay on site eliminating unnecessary trucking and disposal costs.
- Increased load bearing capacity means reduced need for over designed footings, slabs and pavement sections.
- Eliminates material disposal concerns.
- Pollution resulting from material hauling is practically eliminated.